Safari Technology Preview 126, Apple’s experimental browser originally launched in 2016, was published today. Users may get an early peek at forthcoming web technologies coming to macOS and iOS with this upgrade.
Some of the improvements introduced with macOS Monterey and iOS 15 last week are now available to customers who aren’t running beta versions of future operating systems via Safari Technology Preview.
Safari Technology Preview 126, for example, includes:
- Streamlined tab bar: Use Tab Groups to save and organize your tabs.
- Live Text: Select and interact with text in images on the web.
- Improved Safari Web Extensions
- Quick Notes: Add links and Safari highlights to remember important information or ideas on the web
- WebGL 2: improved 3D graphics performance of WebGL running on top of Metal via ANGLE.