Apple has seeded the third beta of tvOS to developers, one week after releasing tvOS 15.1 beta 2. Here’s all you need to know about it.
The current build is 19J5560d. Apple has reactivated SharePlay testing in the tvOS 15.1 beta. This is one of the most critical features that was postponed at the WWDC21 keynote.
Users will be able to make a FaceTime call while listening to music, viewing movies, and watching TV shows on SharePlay. tvOS 15.1 beta 2 is now only available to developers, but a public beta should be available shortly.
Apple is testing Lossless and Dolby Atmos support for the HomePod 15.1 beta, which is currently in its third beta. Unfortunately, the beta version of HomePod is only available to a restricted group of developers.
If you haven’t yet updated your Apple TV or HomePod to tvOS 15, here’s what’s new:
- For All of You: Browse a new row in the Apple TV app to find something that everyone in the house can’t wait to watch.
- Shared with You: Movies and shows shared through Messages appear in a new row in the Apple TV app.
- Spatial Audio: Listen with AirPods Pro or AirPods Max for a theater-like experience with sound that surrounds you.
- Smart AirPods routing: Get an automatic onscreen notification to magically connect your AirPods.
- HomeKit camera enhancements: View multiple cameras around the house at the same time on your Apple TV.
- Room-filling stereo sound: Pair two HomePod mini speakers with Apple TV 4K and enjoy rich, balanced sound for everything you watch.