Apple is currently releasing tvOS 15 beta 9 and HomePod 15 beta 9 to developers, after the announcement of the September event for the iPhone 13 next week.
The same 19J5346a build is used in today’s tvOS 15 and HomePod 15 beta 9 builds. Apple isn’t changing any of these systems, and we expect the final version to be released before the end of the month.
For the time being, only developers have access to both of these operating systems. Apple hasn’t had a public beta test for HomePod users until now, as it’s only available to a select engineers. tvOS 15 beta 9 should be available shortly to everyone participating in the Beta Software Program, so anybody may try it.
The most important feature of tvOS 15, SharePlay, will be deferred until later this year. All of the additional features scheduled to debut with tvOS 15 are listed below:
- For All of You: Browse a new row in the Apple TV app to find something that everyone in the house can’t wait to watch.
- Shared with You: Movies and shows shared through Messages appear in a new row in the Apple TV app.
- Spatial Audio: Listen with AirPods Pro or AirPods Max for a theater-like experience with sound that surrounds you.
- Smart AirPods routing: Get an automatic onscreen notification to magically connect your AirPods.
- HomeKit camera enhancements: View multiple cameras around the house at the same time on your Apple TV.
- Room-filling stereo sound: Pair two HomePod mini speakers with Apple TV 4K and enjoy rich, balanced sound for everything you watch.
On the other hand, the HomePod 15 is likely to offer Lossless audio as well as Dolby Atmos with Spatial Audio.